Cold Weather Crockpot Roast and Veggies
Cold weather crock pot day!
- 3lb beef roast
- 1-2 tbsp oil, as needed to sear roast
- large white onion
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- Seasoning (1 packet McCormick® Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix (FYI - Not gluten free))
- In hot skillet/pan, sear beef roast on all sides until golden brown. Put in slow cooker.
- Cube potatoes (1" to 1.5"). Add potatoes and whole baby carrots to slow cooker.
- Slice onion, sauté in the skillet used to sear the meat until tender (add additional 1tsp of oil if necessary). - Add sautéed onions to slow cooker and return skillet to med-high heat. - Add 1 cup water to hot skillet and seasonings (prepackaged ). Stir/scrape pan bottom, ensuring to get all browned bits off bottom of skillet. Pour liquid over everything in the slow cooker. - Cook on high for 4-5hrs (or low for 8hrs).